iPhone 4 usage - something is running all the time!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by featherbikini, Nov 16, 2010.

1. featherbikini macrumors newbie

I just figured out that my fast battery drain is because my iphone has been "used" 100% of the time since last batter charge. That is, my usage time equals my standby time.

But I can't figure out what app/program is being used! That is, even when my phone is supposedly asleep the usage time increases and therefore my battery is draining.

I have gone through and turned everything off - all notifications, the 3G, the wi-fi....but nothing is helping.

Prior to me realizing that the usage equaled the standby I did reboot the operating system last weekend and that seemed to help the battery drain for a few days, but now it's back to fast battery drain.

Is there anyway to figure out what is running all the time without doing a complete restore?

Thanks in advance!

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Double tap home to see what apps are possibly running in the background.

3. featherbikini thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you. I did not know that double tapping home would show me the apps running.

my apps that are running are:
    - settings
    - notes
    - safari

how could any of these be causing such a huge battery drain?

how come these are running in the background?

I confess that I don't really know how to "close" or "stop" an app. I just thought returning to home screen would close or stop it.

4. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

I dont think its any of those apps.. have u tried changing your email settings?? do you have push on for your email? and how often do you have it fetch??

5. featherbikini thread starter macrumors newbie

I do believe that I have all the notifications turned off and fetch turned off too. I did everything listed on the apple site for prolonging battery life.