Iphone 4 use without micro sim

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by groundeddreams, Aug 19, 2010.

1. groundeddreams macrumors newbie

My phone 4 will be arriving shortly from the apple site, but until I get it I wont be changing my mobile contract to a new sim only account, because the moment i change contract the old sim will be blocked [by T Mobile UK] and I wont have a phone, til the new one is dispatched.

When I get my iphone through, will I be able to use it [functions of a itouch for example] download apps/settings from itunes etc, while I wait for new micro sim to be sent to me, under my new contract. Or is the phone unusable without a micro sim inserted?

I have tried searching online and on this forum, but couldn't see anything related.

Thanks in advance.

2. S.Kay macrumors member

S.Kay

Unusable.

A micro-sim is needed to activate the iPhone, so without it, you've got £499 paper-weight.

BUT if you have a spare sim lying around, you can cut it into a micro-sim (look online for template) and pop it into the iPhone for activation!

3. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

Walk into an O2 Store, ask for a Pay As You Go MicroSim.. They will give you one so long as you prove you have an iPhone 4 Unlocked from Apple.

Then just pop that sim in, do everything you need to do on iTunes, and you can do what you want with the sim, just use it as an emergency contact number until your T-Mobile one is transferred over.

4. Daveoc64 macrumors 601