Iphone 4 - v 4.0.2

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by psanghvi, Oct 5, 2010.

1. psanghvi macrumors newbie

Hello there,

I am a first timer on this forum and need your expert advice on unlocking & jailbreaking my IPhone 4 - v 4.0.2

I bought this on ebay USA and my friend got this to me in India. Its a brand new phone and i want to unlock it.

I am aware that currently there isnt a unlock solution for version 4.0.2. What options do i have? Is downgrading possible to 4.0.1?

I read on some forums that an unlock solution has come out this week - is it true? There was one website wherein on purchasing thier software for $30 you can unlock the Iphone 4 of v 4.0.2 as well as 4.1..is that true? I dont want to fall into a scam but if that claim is genuine i might as well pay $30 rather then waiting x number of months before a solution comes up for this phone.

Appreciate your help.

2. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

No unlock, unless we're talking about a FACTORY unlock (which requires you buy in your country), will ever cost anything.

You can TRY to see if the previous person has their SHSH blobs stored on Cydia.

I refer you to read this: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=983491

3. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

You can unlock 4.0.2 with ultrasnow. The problem is there is no JB for 4.0.2. And, you can't install ultrasnow (through Cydia) unless the phone is JB. Do you know if original owner saved SHSH files for the phone or phone was JB? Guessing, no. Thus, you best bet is to do nothing and sit tight.

Once 4.1 is out, see if an unlock is also release for it. If yes, you can just update to 4.1, JB and unlock. If no, use Tinyumbrella (can save your current basebad = unlock) to update to 4.1, JB and unlock.

4. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

short answer NO , you'll have to wait for the 4.1 jailbreak to come out

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can check with tyniumbrella to see if there's any shsh blobs saved for 4.0.1 in order to downgrade, jb and unlock. If not you gotta wait. Don't waste your money on sites claiming they got an unlock. Noone does, they will just scam you.

6. draminicaus macrumors newbie

Jailbreakme?

Isn't it possible to download an earlier update, say 4.0.1, and restore your phone to that and use Jailbreakme.com?

7. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

NO. If it was that easy, people wouldn't be waiting for 4.1 JB. Read up on Apple restore SHSH security check.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It would be nice if it was that easy.