iphone 4, v4.1, ultrasnow breaking visual vm?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dlacar88, Dec 2, 2010.

1. dlacar88 macrumors newbie

i've researched this but yet to determine if this has been fixed. a handful of other ppl have experienced the same issue with vm and ultrasnow.

i loaded ultrasnow v1.2, rebooted. went into Settings and saw the new Carrier setting. good so far.

now visual vm is not working, meaning, no new vm can be accessed via the device. vm can be left by callers but i cannot retrieve the messages from the device. also when i try to listen to my custom greeting i receive an error message "voice mail cannot be accessed at this time". appears anything that requires accessing the vm servers from the device does not work. retrieving vm remotely via landline still works. a thread mentioned the unlock wipes out the device's apn settings, not sure how valid this is.

i uninstalled ultrasnow and all the vm that was missing dropped into the vm box and all works fine.

i repeated installing and uninstalling ultrasnow, rebooting several times, and i get the same results - ultrasnow breaks visual voice mail.

anyone else having this problem find a solution yet?

device specs: iphone 4, jbroken via limerain, running v4.1, baseband 1.59.

thanks.

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Not sure what the deal is. I got the exact same setup as you and updated to ultrasn0w 1.2. I'm still able to get my visual VM's without any issues. You install anything else recently?

3. dlacar88 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the reply.

after the initial ultrasn0w install last month i installed: lockinfo beta, updated sbsettings, updated cydia installer, 3g unrestrictor. think these interfere with the unlock/vm somehow?

i have three user repos but these shouldn't matter since i grabbed ultrasn0w from repo666.ultrasn0w.com.

latest: i removed ultrasn0w, reinstalled, removed sim, reinstalled sim, rebooted. vm still works but now i do not get the Carrier setting.

question: is the Carrier setting in Settings a tell-tale confirmation the unlock is in effect? popping in another carrier's micro sim will also work but i do not have another sim yet (will have next week in asia).

thanks in advance for your advice.

4. dlacar88 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, thats a known issue.
    If you're using it on an official carrier now uninstall ultrasnow since you wont need it and it will save you battery life.
    And install ultrasnow from cydia when you need to use an unofficial sim.
    Then uninstall again when you start using your original carrier.

6. dlacar88 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks a bunch.

question: there is an sbsettings toggle for ultrasn0w. if i install the toggle and use it to disable ultrasn0w will this have the same effect as uninstalling ultrasn0w (to conserve battery when using att sim)?

if not then i'll take your advice and just install ultrasn0w when i need it (overseas).

thanks again.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, once installed it will still mess with your visual voicemail.
    Just remove it, it takes less than a minute to install it again when you need it.