iPhone 4 (Verizon) and Facebook

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by onlymiah, Mar 6, 2011.

1. onlymiah macrumors 6502

I am having a strange issue with Facebook on my iPhone. I am not getting notifications. The strange part is it works flawlessly on my iPod Touch 4G. I thought maybe it was because I was signed in on both devices, but I signed out on my iPod and I am still not receiving notifications on my iPhone. I have all notifications enabled and alerts enabled but nothing. I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and it still isn't working properly. Anybody know what is up? :confused:

2. ikillwindows macrumors newbie

3. lostime macrumors regular

I have the same problem with my Droid Incredible, hope it's not a verizon problem with facebook.

4. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

I've even had problems getting notifications on the actual facebook site. It seems to happen the most when posting on a friend's wall.

I think Facebook makes so many changes to their site that it messes up notifications.

5. onlymiah thread starter macrumors 6502

I can't understand why this same version of Facebook works perfectly on the iPod Touch. Both my iPod and my iPhone are using my WiFi.

6. derek420 macrumors member

I've always had issues with FB Push, since I had my 2G Touch till now with my i4. I think there was one version that worked perfect..Then they updated it and the notifications went to ****.

So now getting them on my phone is kind of a whenever it feels like working thing. Solution: Just have FB send you an e-mail when you get a notification ;)

7. kicko macrumors 65816

For android Fb notifications never worked well on any network.

I usually check frequently enough that even if i miss notifications i see them shortly after. The email solution works well and you can also try setting up notifications with boxcar to see if that helps.

8. Crodriguez macrumors newbie

Im having problems adding my iphone pics to my facebook account. It just wont load them.