iPhone 4 Verizon - FM Transmitter

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ApleSmaple1981, Jul 12, 2011.

1. ApleSmaple1981 macrumors member

Hello all...

I am looking for an inexpensive, yet very productive and useful, FM transmitter for my car.

I am in NY... any suggestions or warnings?

Best,
    :apple:

2. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

The only thing I would say is that I've never had great luck with transmitters in cities of over 100K; there's just too much interference and not enough free stations. I'm not sure if you're actually in the City, if not, pretty much any are good.

3. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Agreed. I live north of NY city and tried a FM transmitter a while back. Not really worth the effort as there are radio stations everywhere. Constantly interfering. No fun at all.

Figure out a way to wire directly. :cool:

4. aldoF macrumors regular

I drive all around the five boroughs and the turnpike and I too am condemned to using an fm transmitter...the best I've found so far is the XM Skydock, a little on the pricey side but it's rock solid, phone slides in nicely without any fear of damaging the dock connector, sends a good strong signal and charges your battery while you're driving, works with most slim cases, though I just realized that it won't work with my new element hybrid....might have to find a new case :)

best station to use around here.... 99.7

ps. gave the griffin road mate bluetooth fm transmitter a good try, absolutely love controlling the music with the built-in buttons, but it's flimsy and I fear for my dock connector, and as bumpy as our roads are I've had my phone spin around and even go flying right off the unit more than once.

5. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

your car wouldn't happen to still have a cassette adapter on the stereo would it?

6. D3lta macrumors 6502a

7. twiggy0 macrumors 6502

8. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

They do suck. Sound is awful and had to switch stations too often. I tried three differ brands before and returned all of them back. Your better off investing in a car stereo that has a line in access from the front.