iPhone 4 + Verizon...what if?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brando123b, Nov 22, 2010.

1. brando123b macrumors regular

I'm probably one of the biggest hopefuls when it comes to Verizon getting the iPhone. I have lived with my original Droid for the past year and it is so hopelessly inferior to my brothers iPhone 4.

My question is: The vast majority blame AT&T for the spotty (awful) service, dropped calls, etc. I have been under the assumption this whole time that once the phone comes to Verizon, it will be rock solid. What if it truly is Apple's hardware that is the problem?

There has never been a CDMA iPhone. I rarely here the horror stories about AT&T's service unless the iPhone is involved.

Thoughts?:confused:

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

4. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

I know when it finally happens we will stop seeing 15 of these same exact threads a day...geez.

5. ELMI0001 macrumors 6502

ELMI0001

What does this mean?

Has Verizon always shown Apple/iOS under their brand/OS menu? My guess is this was added after the iPad announcement, but it should not be shown in the smartphone section. Just curious if others have seen this too and already commented on it.

[​IMG]

Not sure if Casio, HP, Nokia, Pantech, Sharp, Verizon Wireless brand phones are planned but a Windows 7 phone is.

:confused:

6. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

you could also ask the people in ... i don't know ... any other country where the iPhone is being sold, whether they experience any of these provider-related issues

spoiler: No problems with dropped calls or the likes

7. KidStallyn macrumors 6502

KidStallyn

A guy sits next to me at Uiniversity of Phoenix Stadium, has a jailbroken iPhone 4 on Tmobile. He can use his phone, I cannot. Even though I have 5 reported bars of service. I've even tried edge, and it's completely unusable. The instant I walk out of the stadium...Phone works great.

Now, people with Verizon can use their phones, but data doesn't work for them. The first iteration of iPhone 4 on Verizon is going to really annoy people if they can't figure out how to do data and phone at the same time.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

There's nothing to figure out, it's just a CDMA limitation. So unless the iPhone uses LTE on verizon it will not be able to do both voice and data together.

9. thecellar macrumors regular

notice they are greyed out, the list shows all the brands verizon deals with, but the only ones selectable in the smarphone section are the black font ones .....

EDIT: but then again, it shows APPLE <--which could be Iphone and then APPLE iOS < ----which would be Ipad. So maybe it is a precursor for iphone

10. ELMI0001 macrumors 6502

ELMI0001

Just something I noticed while checking out some other phones. If Verizon gets the iPhone I'll be there to get one but if they don't I'd go with an Android phone. Seeing Apple/Apple iOS surprised me.

I didn't even know Casio made phones. Last Casio product I had was a little white keyboard as a 3rd grader :eek: