iPhone 4, very laggy/freezing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CBillups1, Oct 2, 2010.

1. CBillups1 macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

all of a sudden today my phone has been very laggy and freezing. first time its happened since i bought it. its been doing it all day.

Yes my phone is jailbroken and unlocked.

2. blubyu macrumors member

Don't use it as designed whatever you do. Please come to the forums and complain when using it the way it wasn't made to.

3. yayitsezekiel macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

just respring it every once in a while. see if that works

4. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

5. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Damn, those people in other countries should have the same problem being that their iPhone COMES unlocked. Jailbreaking dont hurt it either. Mine never has NOT been jailbroken. Just allows for more things unless you install firmware that isnt dev team approved.

6. Ace134blue macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

7. CBillups1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

8. Dominat0r macrumors 6502a

Dominat0r

if you JBed then you can use SBSettings and respring.....some apps will do it on exit if you have it. Like Backgrounder.

Or, just turn it on and off.....its basically the same thing, just a respring is a quicker shorter version of restarting your phone.

9. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

It's a JB thing. Has to do with the SpringBoard add-ons not playing nicely with multitask and the whole saving of memory. Or at least, that's how I see it because my SB always crashes. Like others say, just respring. If you have Winterboard, just toggle something on and off and it'll do it

10. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

Jailbreaking was problematic for me with my 3G. Lotsa neat new functions and capabilities, but stability took a hit. Consequently, I have resisted jailbreaking my 4, especially because the features that originally convinced me to jailbreak are now built-in (multitasking, tethering [for a fee]).

Have you hard-reset? Sometimes re-springing didn't do the job.

11. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

My jailbroken iPhone has none of the performance issues that hit the 3G. I have my girlfriends non-jb iPhone 4 to compare with.

There are so many benefits to having your iPhone jailbroken, especially since it causes no performance issues with the 4.

I'm running bitesms, sbsettings (with a toggle to kill all open apps), vWallpaper, 5 icon dock, custom icons, custom lockscreen, custom carrier and signal logos... And of course facebreak to allow FaceTime over 3G:D

12. CBillups1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

ok i added SBSettings, is that all i do? or do i need to do anything else?

13. spikefood macrumors regular

Never been not jailbroken? You mean it's always been jailbroken. And jailbreaking can brick your phone. So yes it is potentially harmful.

14. hcho3 macrumors 68030

When u decided to jailbreak your iPhone, you took a risk because u wanted extra features. U also should have known the risks...

Accept your PUNISHMENT!

15. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

God the people on this forum can be close to useless sometimes.

Can the OP please let us know what addons he/she have installed after JB?

Maybe some of them aren't playing nicely?

There are some addons that are just crappy, for example, the VM mod is highly not recommended.

16. yayitsezekiel macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

This post is unnecessary...

There is also a dedicated respring app by BigBoss. I think if you just search respring in Cydia you should find it. It gets the job done.