iPhone 4 Vibrate does not work.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by zjmuse, Jun 29, 2010.

1. zjmuse macrumors member

The phone does not vibrate... I already had to return my first phone because it constantly froze.

Vibrate switch doesn't vibrate when you switch it on or off.
    SMS does not vibrate.
    Does not vibrate when a call comes through on silent/vibrate only.
    Does not vibrate when a call comes through normally.

Does not vibrate at all.

Vibrate settings are both ON in the sound settings.

2. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

At first mine didn't either. I had to change the ring tone to something else. Turn on and off the vibe setting in the options menu and then it started working.

The problem I have is that it is very weak! In miss phone calls and texts eighths phone sitting right next to me. Never happened with my 3G.

3. zjmuse thread starter macrumors member

I looked on the the apple discussion forums and found someone who had the problem.

He looked at the iFix tear down of the phone and found that the motor is near the headphone jack.

He then downloaded the free app iBrate, and turned it off and then tapped where the motor is. It worked for him.

It worked for me, but it stops working until I hit it again..... Apple is sending me a new phone tomorrow.

4. neoalp macrumors newbie

[solved]

Hey guy I found a solution for you.
    I had the same problem with my iPhone 4 and I tried right below solution, check it out.

First of all, I tried all the solutions for the iPhone written other websites but It didn't work properly. Weak vibration. I even changed the vibrator with new one, but it didn't work. I tried my old vibrator with the other iPhone of my wife, it works in there perfectly. I think something wrong with the connection area of the vibrator. Problem is the phone.

Then I decided to solve it by myself. I open back cover of iPhone and first removed battery then the vibrator. And check if there is anything stucking the vibrator head then try to remove the ringer button from inside, clean around, and put everything back like vibrator and the battery. Finally you good to go. Vibration working like new one.

All of this try worked for me. I hope it works for you too. Give it a try and feedback. Thanks, good luck.

5. Apple Techs macrumors member

Try power cycling the phone

If that doesn't work make sure your settings are correct

If that still doesn't work it is either the vibrator/magnet motor doodad or the contacts you can try lcleaning with rubbing alcohol I have only had two or three out of the thousands of iPhones I have repaired actually be a bad vibrator it isn't that common from what I have seen and repaired