iPhone 4 Video Recording is bad!? Shocked!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by neonkru, Aug 27, 2010.

1. neonkru macrumors regular

So i own a Nokia N65 right now. I didn't get an iphone earlier because i didn't like the camera enough to buy it. Honestly the thing i like the most on iphone is it's function as ipod. My ipod nano broke so i need a new ipod. I considered getting an ipod touch and save some bucks and keep my Nokia N95 8GB for now. However i also thought that it would be now, the right time to get an iPhone 4 because it's camera seemed to be promising. I checked a lot of video tests in youtube and man, that camera lags a lot more than my 3 year old Nokia N95 8GB, doesn't look like 30FPS at all when seeing those videos on 720p on youtube. Im kinda shocked with that and im afraid of getting a so expensive product to have a crappy camera. Tell me what you think about the camera.

Please don't respond me back saying it's a phone and if i want a good camera go buy a camera. It's that only every premium phone seems to have a better camera than iPhone.

2. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

The camera on the iPhone 4 is excellent and is currently one of the best quality cameras on any phone right now. I have had excellent results with both stills and video. The only issue is that a video camera like a Flip HD has somewhat better audio recording. Not sure I would judge the quality of the iPhone 4's camera (or any other devices camera for that matter) based on what you see on Youtube.

Here are some sample videos forum members have taken...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=946758

3. diesel macrumors 6502a

The video recording on the 3gs was excellent with no blurring when viewing specific frames from a high speed golf swing. With the iphone 4, when viewing a specific frame from a golf swing there is significant blurring to the point where it's useless. So the two are significantly different. The iphone 4 sucks at recording and playing back frames from sports related recordings. Hopefully software update can fix this.