iPhone 4 videos smaller than 3GS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by danalin26, Jun 28, 2010.

1. danalin26 macrumors newbie

I sent some video to my family today and they responded saying they could barely see the video and that it was about 1/2in x 1in. This didn't happen with my 3GS. I know the iPhone4 has HD video, but I would assume it would be better quality not smaller. Any ideas :confused:

2. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

Did you send it by email?

There is now a menu that pops up that allows you to send it in different sizes (up to 720p) in order to allow faster upload time if needed...it's possible that you sent it in the smallest one?

3. danalin26 thread starter macrumors newbie

No I sent the by MMS. I just tried to send it by e-mail and there was no pop up menu :confused: I also just uploaded them to youtube and they are skinny and small there too. What am I doing wrong? This is the reason I upgraded to the iPhone4. I'm missing my 3GS right now :(

4. Sirobin macrumors 6502

Sirobin

They’re automatically downsized when you MMS, email them, or upload them to Youtube from your phone. You have to transfer them to your computer first, then send them. Yes, it’s very annoying :mad:

5. danalin26 thread starter macrumors newbie

So the Iphone4 videos should look worse than the 3GS's when sent via MMS, email or Youtube? I was under the impression that they would at least look a little better than the 3GS.....

6. uanuglyfool macrumors regular

uanuglyfool

yea it doesnt make sense that you cant send a HD video from an iPhone 4 to an iPhone 4. Maybe there will be an app for that or a jailbroken app so you can just send the file itself......hmmmm