Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimmyneutron

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2011
Hello,

I have been using iPhone 4 since late August and have so far had no problems, until the past couple of days.

My issue is this:

• When I make or receive calls, the person at the other end cannot hear me
  • They are only able to hear me when I have the phone on speaker.
  • Voice memos are still working.
  • I can still hear the other person clearly
  • Other forums have suggested plugging in and unplugging the headphones, however this has not worked for me.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to a fix?

Please let me know if more information is required.

Thanks

Yorkshireorange

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2011
Same issue for me as well.

This is the second time I've had this issue with an iPhone 4, the last time the resolution was to swap out the handset but i think the issue must be software related.

This seems to be a widely experienced problem with most users reporting the same symptoms and no real resolution out there.

Open to anyone that might have an idea on how to fix this?

jimmyneutron

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2011
Same issue for me as well.

This is the second time I've had this issue with an iPhone 4, the last time the resolution was to swap out the handset but i think the issue must be software related.

This seems to be a widely experienced problem with most users reporting the same symptoms and no real resolution out there.

Open to anyone that might have an idea on how to fix this?

Thanks for the input. I'm thinking I might take it to the apple store on the weekend, although I want to avoid it if possible.

Does anybody else have any input?

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Take out the SIM and put it back in. A bad SIM can cause screwy problems. If you can try another SIM you may be able to tell if it's your SIM or not causing the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.