Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abhishek911

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2013
Hi,

i got a new iphone. i know am late in the game but needed this as am on a non contract and this was the cheapest unlocked one compared to 4s and 5. my 50 dollar android phone had voice text.... basically when you are messaging you din need to type. I know there are some apps that solve that problem but they so called reside outside the phone text ecosystem. you have to type and then ask who to send etc. i am looking for an app that resides within the existing communication for instance - i and a friend are texting, i shld be able to text to and fro on voice command. is that even possible? it sucks that apple is at so much of a premium but is so poor on features i am struggling to justify this purchase over a 50 dollar phone that i had...:mad: pls do help if you all can.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You can use Voice Control for some things, but not really to dictate text or anything like that, for which you would need Siri, and that's only on iPhone 4S and above. Your only options are really separate apps like Vlingo or Dragon Dictation from Nuance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.