iPhone 4 Volume issue - I am so stupid

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Exiku, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Exiku macrumors newbie

So I was making some calls on my device yesterday and was totally screwing about how crappy the sound was - I had heard the device had a few issues and assumed the volume being low was one of them...

until that is I did a search on Google and realised I still had the plastic covering the earpiece/touchscreen. I had decided to leave it on to protect it until I could buy a proper case/cover for it...

So if you're having volume issues, please don't be as stupid as me and forget you left the plastic on -_-

2. adztaylor macrumors 68000

3. jess127 macrumors member

hahah... I was jb/unlocking my friend's phone and when we made the test call she got upset cuz it was low.. and I tell you GOOGLE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND! lol... I did the search right away about volume problems and realized also that she left the plastic on heheheh once we peeled it off it was perfectly awesome :D

4. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Hah, that's like forgetting your glasses are on your face. What did you guys have to put in google to get the answer?!

5. Sam1487 macrumors member

Sam1487

I did exactly the same thing. I felt rather silly. What was worse is that I discovered it in front of my friends, who are yet to let me forget it.

6. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

I did this exact thing with my 3GS. Spent days on the phone with Apple Care. Fun epiphany huh?

7. Exiku thread starter macrumors newbie

Not one of my brightest moments...but life wouldn't be interesting if all I did was figure things out without feeling like a fool :p

About the glasses thing, someone I know once told me a story about how his cousin went to sleep with his contacts still in...the conversation the next morning went along the lines of:

Cousin-person: Mum! It's a miracle! I can see!
    Cousin-mother: Shut-up, you just forgot to take your contacts out.