iPhone 4 Volume Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ironic23, Jul 17, 2010.

1. ironic23 macrumors 6502

I've gotten my iphone since launch day and have had issues hearing the other party on a call. When i set the volume to maximum, i can barely hear the other party - it seems like they are speaking from the other end of the room! When i reduce the volume by a notch or 2, they still sound very soft. However, when i use the headphones, they sound perfectly ok. Doesn't seem like an antenna issue, maybe a speaker issue? Anyone have the same problem? Thoughts? Thanks!

2. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

A call to Apple support is a good place to start. They like to get the feedback, and will also advise if it's a problem or characteristic.

3. Dizzy810 macrumors member

The same thing just happened to me. My wife called me and I couldn't here her. The volume was all the way up. I tried making a call to someone else to see if it was my wife or my phone. Again, I couldn't hear with the volume all the way up. I shut down the phone and started it back up. I tried to make a call and it worked just like it should. In fact it was to loud because the volume was all the way up from me trying to hear the phone before.