iPhone 4 volume spurts....

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by zeroh3ro, Aug 9, 2010.

1. zeroh3ro macrumors member

Hey there, i tried finding something similar to this on the forums but have failed.

On my iPhone 4 when listening to music every 20 mins or so my volume randomly gose to full volume for like 2 seconds then back down again, and normaly i dont have mine above half way anyway, first time it happened i though it was just a random thing but having it do it again 2 times after that im not listening to music anymore, my ears are still ringing now. will deffinatly have to complain about this.

Its deffinatly a fault as when i was on the bus i was watching my phone without pressing anything and the volume went straight up then back down.

If anyone knows any solution to this let me know.

Thanks

2. joshtheburrito macrumors member

For some reason I have been having the same probepm whenever I play squareball lite. I find that in between levels it stays at the right volume then randomly goes to full for a second and goes back. I haven't had it happen with anything else on the phone so it might just be the app.

Ps sorry for the typing I'm on my iPhone and I'm half asleep

3. zeroh3ro thread starter macrumors member

Maybe it could be something to do with the apps i got in the background

4. amandapanda801 macrumors member

amandapanda801

Glitch with the apps or with the volume setting in the phone.

5. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

what does your ipod settings say? does it have sound check on? what is your volume setting limit? try playing with those and see what happens. Sometimes it because the way you burn your music in the itunes, I have some songs that are sometimes louder than others, not because iPhone changes the volumes. And just to make it clear, you said you saw the volume indicator goes up and down without you touching it? That to me seems weird and probably need to be checked out by Apple.