iPhone 4 Volume up, and down, and up and down only when in the car.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Photodrummer, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Photodrummer macrumors newbie

Hey guys.

Just joined the forums, figured I'd post this and see if anyone's having similar issues.

Got an iPhone 4 on launch day, absolutely love the thing. Having a really strange issue when in the car. I'm using a Belkin Tunebase Direct, and have the headphone cable plugged in to the top of the iPhone, and then the aux cable from the bottom of the base into the back of the radio. So far so good.

I also have an 8" JL Audio subwoofer in the back of my car, which sounds great, but for whatever reason when the sub hits certain notes the iPhone volume will duck down to about 75% for about 3 seconds, then back up to full.

I'm not using A2DP because for some reason Bluetooth audio only plays out of my front 2 speakers, thus no feed to the sub, thus it sounds mediocre. No issues when playing my iPod directly connected via the radio's 30-pin cable (Kenwood KDC-X994). iPhone is coming in via the built-in AUX on the radio.

It started happening when I got my iPhone 4 so I'm leaning towards it being possibly hardware-related, but I could be wrong. Figured I'd ask you guys. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

2. speeed14 macrumors newbie

Unfortunately, I cannot help you on that one since I am still waiting to get the iPhone4 (Canada...). However, I do own a Belkin Tunebase that I use with my 3G and I was wondering if you could confirm me that the thing is unable to charge your iPhone4 correctly?

Thanks

3. stw303 macrumors newbie

I have exactly the same problem. Different car stereo, but I do have a sub. Did you work out the cause?

I found reducing the bass reduced the problem, so maybe an impedance issue?

Simon