Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

omaroserna

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Anybody having issues with the iPhone 4 volume buttons being stiff. The — or lower volume button makes a clicking noise as I press it, but the up or + button is really stiff, makes no clicking sound and doesn't feel like its being pressed, although the phone does react to the press.

atlbuc

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2008
Atlanta
Anybody having issues with the iPhone 4 volume buttons being stiff. The — or lower volume button makes a clicking noise as I press it, but the up or + button is really stiff, makes no clicking sound and doesn't feel like its being pressed, although the phone does react to the press.

Yea I have a similar issue. Both my up and down buttons click when moved up and down and left to right. This is driving me crazy. I am going to wait till close to my 30 days and ask for a replacement. Going to try to get those 1st batch phones out the way.

Notoriousjo

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2010
Just got my iPhone 4 not 4 hours ago and just realized I have the same problem. Man this sucks. I don't want to have to wait on another but I can't keep this one. I constantly use my volume buttons at work while watching movies or listening to music. This is driving me nuts!

Notoriousjo

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2010
UPDATE for anyone having the same issues. Went back to AT&T yesterday and they said they couldnt do anything about it and that I needed to call apple.

1.Apple told me i could go to an apple store and have them replace it

2.Have them send me a box to send it off for exchange and i pay the shipping (30$)

3.They send a loaner phone with the price of an iphone 4 held on your credit card until they recieve the old phone back.

I live nowhere near an apple store. None of these options suit me very well. I feel like im just getting screwed here.

emt60

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2009

I seem to have this same issue with my Verizon iPhone. Is this common to the iPhone4? Is it an indication that I might have a problem with the button down the road and should swap it out now for a replacement unit?

Dumbledorelives

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2010
I seem to have this same issue with my Verizon iPhone. Is this common to the iPhone4? Is it an indication that I might have a problem with the button down the road and should swap it out now for a replacement unit?

Swap it out while it's still under warranty, it can't hurt anything. Be sure you back it up first and then restore the new phone to the backup.

And for that guy up there? Drive to a damn Apple store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.