iPhone 4 vs 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by exterminator, Oct 4, 2011.

1. exterminator macrumors regular

Hi everyone,

I need a bit of advice. I have basically been waiting for this release quite a number of months because I plan to purchase my first ever iPhone. However, like many it seems, I am a bit disappointed with the end result.

So I currently have a bit of a dilemma. The iPhone 4s starts at £499 from the UK store, whereas the iphone 4 (8gb... cant see the 16gb anymore), starts from £429... I know what most of you would reply, for only £70 get the latest model. However, I have encountered a number of deals from a trusted seller, such as a mint conditioned 16gb iPhone 4 for £380. (I would have to worry about unlocking it though)

What are your opinions for a first time buyer? Shop around for a good iphone 4 deal or does the iPhone 4S really deserve my money?

I would appreciate your opinion. Thanks.

2. Mr.C macrumors 601

Well those are sim free unlocked prices. It depends if that's what you want or you're willing to get a contract. On contract the prices should be lower.

3. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

I would just put the extra cash and get a 4S...

4. exterminator thread starter macrumors regular

No, no contract. I dont live on the UK, here the iphone 4 currently retails at £640 which is why ill be buying it sim free from abroad.

5. barebackbadger8 macrumors 6502

barebackbadger8

well by the same logic, why not pay an extra £49 and get a new iphone 4 rather than a mint condition iphone 4!
    for me its got to be NEW all day long, for me if i was willing to spend over £400 for a phone in the first place, i wouldnt mind putting the £70 to get the latest model
    £70 gets you:
    8mp camera
    A5 processor
    Siri
    1080p video recording
    bluetooth 4.0

its now whether you feel that those features are worth the £70........
    for me they are :)