iPhone 4 vs 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by exterminator, Oct 4, 2011.

1. exterminator macrumors regular

Jun 6, 2010
    Hi everyone,

I need a bit of advice. I have basically been waiting for this release quite a number of months because I plan to purchase my first ever iPhone. However, like many it seems, I am a bit disappointed with the end result.

So I currently have a bit of a dilemma. The iPhone 4s starts at £499 from the UK store, whereas the iphone 4 (8gb... cant see the 16gb anymore), starts from £429... I know what most of you would reply, for only £70 get the latest model. However, I have encountered a number of deals from a trusted seller, such as a mint conditioned 16gb iPhone 4 for £380. (I would have to worry about unlocking it though)

What are your opinions for a first time buyer? Shop around for a good iphone 4 deal or does the iPhone 4S really deserve my money?

I would appreciate your opinion. Thanks.
  2. Mr.C macrumors 601

Apr 3, 2011
    London, UK.
    Well those are sim free unlocked prices. It depends if that's what you want or you're willing to get a contract. On contract the prices should be lower.
  3. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Jan 29, 2011
    I would just put the extra cash and get a 4S...
  4. exterminator thread starter macrumors regular

Jun 6, 2010
    No, no contract. I dont live on the UK, here the iphone 4 currently retails at £640 which is why ill be buying it sim free from abroad.
  5. barebackbadger8 macrumors 6502

Mar 23, 2009
    Wolverhampton, UK
    well by the same logic, why not pay an extra £49 and get a new iphone 4 rather than a mint condition iphone 4!
    for me its got to be NEW all day long, for me if i was willing to spend over £400 for a phone in the first place, i wouldnt mind putting the £70 to get the latest model
    £70 gets you:
    8mp camera
    A5 processor
    1080p video recording
    bluetooth 4.0

its now whether you feel that those features are worth the £70........
    for me they are :)