iPhone 4 vs. Fail X

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iBryton, Jul 16, 2010.

1. aohus macrumors 68000

2. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

You do realise that when the Droid X gets FroYo it will be a lot faster? The Nexus One manages to beat the (newer) iPhone 4 with FroYo and that is six month old hardware.

3. hipvamore macrumors regular

4. walangij macrumors 6502

What's the point of these comparisons. On some android forums, users post videos like this and say "wow the iPhone is a great phone and the new iOS 4 is a great new platform that's able to compete with the latest offers from android manufacturers."

Here its just "iPhone killer?" LOLZ! EVO FAIL! DROID FAIL! NEXUS FAIL! Hopefully in the next few weeks we will return to a more civilized discourse. And actually be helpful when people have legitimate problems with their phones rather than calling people trolls or criticizing the users for having problems in the first place.

Interesting video though. I'll keep them both in mind when I talk to some friends debating on staying on big red or jumping ship to ATT & the iPhone.

5. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

A hot pink Maserati is also faster than a black Porsche Carrerra. I'll take the Porsche thanks.

6. vistadude macrumors 65816

Duhh that video is so rigged using an apple router and wifi. Look at the followup video. The droid was faster or equal on xbox.com and microsoft.com. This guy failed at his own test by preloading apple.com on the iphone and then saying the iphone was faster.

Try the same test using 3g and you will see how easily the iphone fails.

7. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

8. 0s and 1s macrumors 6502a

0s and 1s

What did you expect from a fanboy that has an i in front of his moniker?

9. vegastime macrumors regular

Something is not right. I have the iPhone and the Droid X right now.

I am using them both and comparing them to see which one I will keep. So far, using 3G, the Droid has actually been faster. Not by much, though. I have not tried wifi, yet, as I will rarely be using it. Care more about 3G.

I am not sure that is the release software on the Droid.

10. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

You can paint the Maserati.

11. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

That is the key point. Apple supported their hardware for 3 years. Google supported their first Android device for a little over 1 year. Also, not many people have Nexus Ones. On the other hand, 3+ million people have iPhone 4s alone. The Nexus One beat the iPhone 4 by a tiny margin in loading web pages. That's nothing to me. I want to play some games. Oh wait, Android barely has any and the graphics are horrible for most of them (even the paid ones). On the other hand, I have 50,000+ game titles of the iOS platform, with excellent 3D graphics for many of them and cheap prices.

12. Amnesia87 macrumors 6502

People also seem to be forgetting that the iPhone is rendering anywhere from 2-4x the data of any other smart phone.

For example if you normally run your computer at 1920x1200 (this would be the equivalent to any of the 800x480 res phones), then to increase the amount of work done by the system around the same amount, you would have to set the resolution of your computer up to 2560x1600.

For comparison the equivalent in terms of ratios for your standard 480x360 iphone would be the equivalent of a computer running at 1024x640.

Try jumping around between these resolutions and then running games, or watching videos, it becomes quite apparent.

13. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-gb; Nexus One Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I don't understand your complaints.

The droid x is getting froyo and Google have only released a single phone, the nexus one, which is the baseline spec for Android 3.0. The G1 was a HTC device and firmware updates lie in their court. If the Droid X was stuck on 2.1 forever I'd understand.

As for the gaming situation, Android has some fantastic games. You should check out the games from polarbit, gameloft, gamevil, com2us and now Electronic Arts have recently released Fifa. Popcap are going to be releasing games on Android soon aswell. Developer support is slowly growing on Android which is nice (I can't wait to get Angry Birds on my Nexus).

Then there are the emulators available on a non modified Android device. All of a sudden, snes, nes, megadrive, master system, gameboy games and more are all playable on Android phones. The handsets with TV out are even better when coupled with a wii remote and the free wii remote app available to android.

Lastly you have a slew of android flash games out there that can work on the platform.

The iPhone has huge momentum but Android is slowly getting more attention. The situation with the G1 is a shame but as people have been complaining about iOS4 performance on the 3g, perhaps its best it doesn't see an official port of 2.2.