iPhone 4 VS iPhone 4S Screens - is this normal?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Grkbella03, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Grkbella03 macrumors regular

I had the black iPhone 4 and I ended up getting iPhone 4s in White - one thing I am noticing is that the 4S screen is brighter but lighter...the iPhone 4 is darker but it shows the color more and brighter when the 4s is brighter which dims down the colors a bit from the brightness. Is that a good thing or normal? It's weird, I think I prefer the colors to be more colorful if that makes sense. They are both set at the same brightness as well.

2. Grkbella03 thread starter macrumors regular

3. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

4. nfl46 macrumors 603

You are probably referring to how Yellow the screen is. Mines and others are like that too.

5. Jman13 macrumors 68000

To me, my 4s screen (white) looks better than my 4 screen. Just as contrasty and great color, but better maximum brightness (though I keep it on half).

6. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

I noticed a difference as well between my black 4 and my wife's 4S, probably similar to yours. Specifically, the screen seemed brighter on the 4S and the colors were warmer (dare I say, more yellow). Yellow tint issue possibly?

7. Grkbella03 thread starter macrumors regular

Honestly - I'm not seeing yellow - I saw threads about that too and saying the glue just needs to dry. It's more like, its more WHITE if that makes sense? brighter in that way when the black iPhone is darker which brings the color and quality out more.

8. slffl macrumors 65816

slffl

It seems that every new iPhone model changes the color temperature and contrast. I liked the iPhone 4. This new 4S has lower contrast and warmer temperature. Whites look yellow/orange compared to the great whites of the iPhone 4 and iPad 2. Oh well, will live with it until the iPhone 5.

9. Grkbella03 thread starter macrumors regular

I wonder though if it's a glue needing to dry and if the black iPhones are like this? Also - maybe as time goes by, it becomes more contrasty?

10. Grkbella03 thread starter macrumors regular

11. dqfayi macrumors regular

Finally speaking, iPhone 4S, which is the newest released product from Apple company, have solved many problems that iPhone 4 met. Though there are some difference between iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S, iPhone 4S is better than iPhone 4 which without suspect.:)

12. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

How did this in any way, shape or form answer anything the OP asked?

13. i hate phones macrumors 6502a

just came on here looking for this... my colors are much more vivid on the 4 (both black) the blacks blacker, the blues bluer.. colors kinda blend on the 4s. not sure how i feel about it.

i also noticed that just going to the apple website, the text is much clearer on the 4s the small text is actually blurry on my 4, though my 4 is still on 4.3.1 so i don't know if the difference is in the software...

14. xraytech macrumors 68020

Did you try a side by side comparison?

15. Grkbella03 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, that's how I noticed the differences bc I knew something wasn't right when I was using the 4S...its basically what "i hate phones" said, that the blacks are blacker, blues are bluer, etc etc