iPhone 4 vs. LG View Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bucks-daddy-o, Jul 12, 2010.

1. bucks-daddy-o macrumors newbie

Why would anyone want to use LG View Plus (or a Blackberry or any other samartphone) when she can have an iPhone 4? It is beyond me but my daughter appears to want a smartphone with a sliding keyboard instead of iPhone! Obviously, she wants to fit in with her peers, most of whom use smartphones.

I would like to accommodate her desire, but I'm afraid things could quickly become complicated in managing music and shared calendars since both my wife and I would have iPhones on iTunes and iCal. Are any of you in the same shoes? How would you able to manage to have iPhones and smartphone in the same family?

bucks-daddy-o

2. tomashi macrumors regular

why the signature? i can see your username right next to the post

3. Adisah macrumors regular

Just let her get what she wants.

You can always take her to the at&t store and show her all the different phones. Perhaps she may not understand what's so cool about the iPhone, or maybe she doesn't want one since everyone else has one. Or maybe even she may feel that it is complicated and she'd rather just have a regular phone.

4. ddoolin macrumors regular

ddoolin

I'm missing why it's such a big deal that she doesn't share music or calendars with you...?

Doesn't seem too complicated. It's cheaper and simpler, go for it?

5. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

My niece just HAD to have an LG with a slide out keyboard. She is now on her third one. It is riddled with problems, and her screen has gone out twice already. LG's customer service is complete crap.

Moral of the story: I'd strongly recommend against buying her an LG slider.

6. bucks-daddy-o thread starter macrumors newbie

we've been to at & t store together and that's where she found the lg smartphone. it costs $150, not that cheaper than iphone.

our family has all our music pooled together in itunes; just use different sets of playlists. my wife enters a lot of calendar entries for my daughter because she has to give her rides to different afterschool activities. i guess it's easier to enter only once.

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

That's your contribution to this thread? Really?

You can get the 3GS for $99. I have to say that while you should accommodate your daughter if you are paying for it then you really do have final say in which phone she gets. As far as music, she can manually manage the music herself. If the LG doesn't play AACs she can convert the music she wants to MP3s in iTunes.

8. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

A dad who wants her daughter to have an iPhone 4 instead of saying she can't have one.. that's cool. :cool:

Does she really need to sync calenders and music with you and your wife? What phone is she currently using? Might be easier to give her a different phone and just have you and your wife keep your data synced only.