iPhone 4 vs Nexus One

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eli8527, Jun 10, 2010.

1. eli8527 macrumors newbie

eli8527

Hi Everyone,

I'm thinking of getting either an iPhone 4 or a Nexus One. However, I can't decide which one I should get... Do you guys have any opinions?

Which one is better and why?

2. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum will say iPhone...:rolleyes:

...including myself.

3. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I currently own a Nexus One and if it didn't have as many problems as it did, I would recommend it. And judging by the Nexus One thread here it's more likely that you'll end up in the same position I am, if not worse. I'd wait for AT&T to get a better Android phone if that's what you're looking for. The Evo is simply amazing, but Sprint just wasn't working out for me.

I thought Google quit selling N1s?

4. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

For me, I would choose the iPhone 4. It has better integration with iTunes and the rest of my Mac stuff and the app store has great apps. Don't get me wrong, I think the Nexus One is pretty nice, but the iPhone is just a better fit for me.

6. MWPULSE macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

seconded lol...

especially after this recent update.. before, quite a few would say iphone.. after (now) i suspect quite a few more will be saying iphone 4.. only the HDMI lovers out there will be saying nexus one i think :)

PTP

7. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

It depends on what you want. If you want stability and great customer service get iPhone
    If you want customization and an easily modable phone get nexus one.

8. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

Exactly. Up until iOS4 and the iPhone 4 announcements, Android seemed to have caught up with Apple. But I really think that recent announcements have blown the competition out of the water. Awesome hardware, awesome OS. Go for iPhone.

9. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

I think it's really beyond even the hardware and software with Apple - it's the "experience" they create from purchase through daily use. Every aspect of the experience is designed in the same way you'd craft a play or movie. In my opinion, that's the differentiator with Apple.

10. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

Or just get an iphone 4 and jailbreak it.

11. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Is the Nexus one the one android phone AT&T has?

All I gotta say is i tried to play with it at the store and I hated it from the start. It didn't seem intuitive and really annoying. I know I just played with it a little, but one of hte allure of the iphone was it was easy to pick up and just use. Now, I did also play with an Incredible and that didn't seem so bad. In fact, i couldn't really tell what my opinion of it was cause nothing stood out (but i hadn't really played iwth it much) but nothing made me already hate it either.

12. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Click the link in my sig.

13. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Agreed. The hardware is not awesome, it mostly seems up to par with the newest android phones. The OS is not awesome at least if you just look at the "specs" (or what it boasts being able to do). But some how, put together, apple products just work very smoothly. It's the experience and how well the stuff works together and how intuitive the controls are I htink is what sets apple stuff apart.

Though, I do remember back in the day when Apple would also have really outstanding hardware too (my previous Macbook had the new and very exciting chip of the time, the core 2 duo. Which my current pro has but it's no longer the new technology. And honestly, it really isn't that much faster than my Macbook).

14. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

I'm very satisfied with my nexus one. And with the upcoming Froyo update, it'll become am mobile hotspot.

15. GadgetGeek71 macrumors 6502

I currently have both the iPhone 3GS and N1. I am nowhere near a fanboy so please, take this seriously...the N1 sucks! Constantly rebooting the thing, it's not as smooth as the iPhone (screen scrolling, opening apps). The only thing that's good about the N1 is that it runs the Android OS.

16. coelacanth macrumors 6502

I tried N1 for a month. I really liked the Android OS. Lots of choices and freedom. The Android OS is like your parents are Hippies. iOS is like very loving yet over-protecting parents. There are pros and cos to both.

In the end of 30 day trial (in CA, you'll get 30-day return policy, elsewhere is 14 days.), I ultimately decided to return the phone mainly because some glitches/hardware flaws of some sort of the Nexus One. I'm still a fan of Android OS itself. Two biggest problems with N1 & Android 2.1 were the touch screen and wifi connectivity. Simply put, iPhone/iPad touch screen is really hard to beat (N1 has known problem with reversed multitouch registration and other issues). This could be purely hardware or could be fixed with Froyo, but they were too late to release it for N1. Also Wifi couldn't reconnect to my WPA secured networks after a while, and I had to manually tell the phone to reconnect so many times a day. This is most likely a software issue, but again, Froyo didn't come in time for me.

Android OS is getting better and better, and the competition is good for everyone. I'll evaluate Android phone in a year. Customer service from Google/HTC wasn't too bad. They even waived the restocking fees for me so the trial was entirely free for me. But it's really hard to beat Apple in this department. As long as I'm under warranty, I can just walk into Apple store and have the phone swapped right on the spot.

Just my $.02.

17. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Up to date Android, yes. There's the Motorola backflip but that's running an older version of the OS. It's nothing like what you saw on the N1.