iPhone 4 VZW Calendar push not working

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saberahul, May 27, 2011.

1. saberahul macrumors 68040

I have google exchange set up on 2 different iPhone 4's all on verizon. One of them seems to get a push notification whenever that account is invited to a calendar event. My iPhone however does not. I am able to see the invitation within the calendar but I never get any push notification or a badge (I don't even think the calendar can get a badge).

Any help would be appreciated. It is extremely annoying because I keep missing appointments since the calendar never notifies me.

Google server: m.google.com
    Username: *******
    Password: *******
    Mail, Calendar, Contacts are all turned to on under exchange settings. Push is enabled. Default calendar is the calendar I use the most and get invites on.

2. Stinkypalm macrumors member

Did you reboot the iphone after you set up exchange?? This worked for me.

3. saberahul thread starter macrumors 68040

I tried that but no dice... I tried deleting my account and setting it up again but again no dice.

Here is what happens:

Someone invites me to a calendar event. My iPhone is suppose to give me a push notification like an SMS message on the lock screen informing me of the invitation however it does not.
    If I open the calendar event and go to the day where the event is supposed to take place, I can see the accept, decline, and maybe buttons. Hence, I know that the calendar invitation works (by the way I see nothing under the invitation button). I just cannot sem to get push.

4. kleinias macrumors regular

Unfortunately, I don't know why it's not working for you. I know it's not much help but all I can add is that I'm on Verizon (similar setup to yours with google exchange) and I get the notifications as I should. I get the pop up and I also get the badge in the calendar app.

5. saberahul thread starter macrumors 68040

Tried everything but cannot figure it out. Anyone know of any solution?

6. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Restore the phone as a new device and start over? Maybe something weird is in the current profile.

7. saberahul thread starter macrumors 68040

Ya I did that but no luck. I just found out though (from experiment) that my calendar invitation along with the badges works only if I allow google to send me an email notification for every event created. In other words, if one invites me to a meeting or a conference, with the current set up I do not get any notification on my phone however if I enable "email me" under the calendar settings on calendar.google.com then I receive the push notification and the badge on my calendar app along with the mail in my mail app. Is this the case for everyone else? Anyway for me to do get this without getting an email?

8. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Is this how your 2nd phone that works is setup?