iPhone 4 Wallpaper Thread Too Long

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by ucfgrad93, Jul 13, 2010.

1. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Currently, the iPhone 4 Wallpaper thread is 104 pages/2600+ posts long. It is way too long to effectively search. Other threads have been closed and a part 2 thread has been opened. I'm thinking of the picture of your phone thread, caturday thread, desktop pictures thread, etc.

Is there some way to better manage the iPhone 4 wallpaper thread to make it easier to search?

2. MikeyMike83 macrumors newbie

I agree.
    How about we remove wood backgrounds to make it shorter :D

3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

In what way would you want to search it?

4. kolax macrumors G3

It would be cool to have a catalogue of wallpapers people post as well as being able to view the various comments.

Obviously such a job would be hard work, but if the first post was a big list of all the wallpapers, and clicking it took to you to post in the topic of that wallpaper to see the download link as well as the discussion around it.

5. ethical macrumors 68000

That would be one heck of a long first post, and super hard to maintain!

6. kolax macrumors G3

Obviously have to have it spread over the first x amount of posts. And it wouldn't be that hard to maintain.. most of those pages are discussions, not images.

People do it with other topics, like new features found in an iOS update etc.

7. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

It would be a big task to keep up with it and I doubt you'll find any mod willing to take that task and then you will have to rely on one member to put all of the links together. Not going to happen.

In order to be better for searching you will have to rely on members to put in a good description of the picture in the post. I'm not really sure what else could be done.

In terms of the thread being too long and other threads being split into parts one, two etc. This was due to server load issues in the past. A while ago now it this was no longer an issue so we stopped splitting threads so early, it used to be about 2000 posts. However there are a few issues with different types of thread display when they get massive so threads are still sometimes split.