iPhone 4 Warranty Help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by afgmobsta23, Jun 24, 2011.

1. afgmobsta23 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone! I had a question regarding my iPhone 4 warranty. Well, it ends on the 28th, which is just a few days from now. I did not buy the AppleCare. I have very few minor scratches on my phone. I want to do something to get my phone replaced so I can get a new one. If I give my phone to Apple saying that some part doesn't work properly (which is true; my home button doesn't function correctly) do you think they'll give me a new phone? And will I even be able to give it to Apple to fix even though I don't have AppleCare? By the way, my iPhone is currently Jailbroken, so if I restore it so I lose my Jailbreak, Apple won't know that it was Jailbroken, right? Sorry for all the questions, I just wanna know what's the best thing to do before my warranty expires. THANKS!!!

2. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Theres a thread about this literally a few moments after/before yours. Yeah you could restore it so its new again. But honestly, just throw a case on it and call it a day, by now you should already have a case for it.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1176546

3. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

Warranty doesn't cover scratches that were made after purchase, don't be an asshat and make it harder for people to make valid warranty claims.