iPhone 4 Warranty without AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by roflc0pter, Feb 3, 2011.

1. roflc0pter macrumors regular

Hello,

Today I bought a practically like new iPhone 4 off Craigslist. After playing with it for several minutes, I noticed that the home button wasn't registering all the time. I did a complete wipe and restore of 4.2.1 and it still has the same problems. Basically the same one in this thread.

The phone does not have any scratches or any signs of water damage. It is still under warranty until July. It practically looks new. I bought it with the intentions of waiting for an unlock.

I want to make an appointment at my local Apple store to try to get a replacement. The problem is I don't have AT&T but the person I bought it from left the AT&T microSIM inside the phone but the phone is currently not active.

Basically to sum it up, I want to know if I can get a phone replacement at the Apple store without AT&T service, although I do have the AT&T microSIM that came with the phone but it will show no service on the phone.

Thanks

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, you can bring it to Apple or do it thru the mail if you want.
    They will service it, just show them what its doing. If they ask about the sim tell them you took it out and its inside your other cellphone untill you get a working replacement iphone or something.
    They wont deny you anyway, the warranty follows the device not the original owner.