iPhone 4 Warranty -

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Croatian, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Croatian macrumors 6502

I have an iPhone 4 and the home button has been really sticky as of late and it always seems to drop calls. I called my phone provider and they claim it's my phone. The phone is still in warranty with apple.

My question is, the phone has some normal wear and tear, scratches and small dings around the casing. Do you think apple will replaced my phone with another or they will try to service the insides and I will be without the phone for a while.

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

...Was there a question in there? I didn't see a question mark.

Anyway. If it is defective as you say it is, then you should have no problem getting it replaced. There have been iPhones replaced for a lot less than what you have described.

3. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

They will not try to repair it. They will just replace it. :)

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

The dropped calls thing is a normal occurrence with the iPhone 4 and they will just tell you you're holding it wrong.

As for the home button, this is a widespread hardware issue and they will replace it for sure.

They won't try to service the phone. That takes too much time and money. Their system is smooth and you will simply receive another phone.

5. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

A refurb phone which are in good condition.

The way they simply swap the handset is awesome customer service.
    Anywhere else and they will want to send it away for 14 days'ish to try and repair it. Thats what happens in most cases within the Uk.

The death grip has caused issues.

Put a bumper, shield or case on it and that will go away.

6. Croatian thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanx guys

I am having them ship me a new iPhone then I have to ship my old one back and they have a hold on my credit card.

Now do they try to service old iPhone and such. If they don't determine something is wrong do they just charge me for the new iPhone or they ship me my iPhone back?

I don't understand the whole process and the guy on the phone was not really the most helpful person at apple.

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

Exactly. I doubt they have the skill or the equipment in the Apple stores to repair an iPhone or an iPod Touch or an iPad.