Iphone 4 water on spilled on screen HELP!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by quiksilver1209, Jul 19, 2010.

1. quiksilver1209 macrumors newbie

I accidently tipped over my small cup of water onto my iphone 4 screen only. nothing got to the bottom of the phone, i cleaned it off immediately, speakers seem fine i can hear calls and such. the only thing I am really worried about is water could have gotton into the receiver next to the front facing camera.

Is this a huge problem? WIll I have to go to the Apple Store and have them look at it? Any help would be appreciated thank you

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

No one can say for sure where the water went if some actually seeped into the earpiece. Safest thing to do would be to shut off your phone and put it in a dry place for 24 hours. Doesn't sound like it was a big spill though, but you never know. Does anyone know if there are extra water sensors inside the phone?

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So did any water get into the earpiece?
    Can you hear other people when you call them.
    You should have turned it off right away and stuck it in rice to suck out any moisture.
    Bring it to apple if something is not working right.
    There's no point in bringing it in if everything is still functional.

There's 3 moist sensors I belive.
    Top headphone jack, bottom charger plug and inside the housing.

4. quiksilver1209 thread starter macrumors newbie

I can hear when i made a phone call earlier. and NO, there was no water that got into the earpiece just the front screen of the phone thats it

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If everything still works fine then you should be ok.

6. quiksilver1209 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok thanks so far so good, my touch screen works fine ill my apps open and everything, just an overly concerned iPhone user.

and if something happens and I have to go to Apple, and they consider it not under warranty does anyone know how much it might cost to get it fixed?

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If any of the water sensors got tripped then they will make you pay $200 to replace it.

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

There is a water sensor in the headphone jack and in the dock connector (centered towards the bottom). They’re white. If they look pink or red, then you’ve got problems. There also two inside the iPhone. If they ever get triggered, your phone is out of warranty, but eligible to be replaced for $199.