iphone 4 water sensors location?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by plaestation, Sep 10, 2010.

1. plaestation macrumors newbie

hey guys,
    i was wondering if you guys could point out where the internal water sensors are in the iphone 4. (http://www.ifixyouri.com/images/blogpics/iphone 4 screwlocation.jpg)
    i know one is near the battery...is the other under that "authorized service provider only" tag?

i just installed an invisibleshield on my iphone (wet install) and i'm a little bit afraid of water possibly seeping in.

thanks.

2. izimzis macrumors member

just saw the video on zagg.com

is the invisible shield seriously as awesome as it looks? i thought they would have destroyed it....

3. rkmac macrumors 6502

rkmac

I'm not too sure about the internal sensors, but I do know that they will pretty much only ever trip if the phone has been submerged. There are 2 externally viewable sensors, one in the headphone jack, and one in the 30pin dock connector.
    Here is a photo I found of the one at the bottom:
    [​IMG]
    Its that white strip.

The one in the headphone jack is easier to see, just turn your screen on full brightness, and look down it. It should be slightly lit up due to a light leak in all iPhone 4's :p

4. Jayman34187 macrumors regular

Is yours pink? It has to be perfect tempature or your phone may suffer water damage

5. berrytarts macrumors member

Oh no, if it's pink you might not get a (free) repair from Apple.
    The pink coloration means that your iPhone was exposed to water, which also means that you might have to pay for any repair cause its a consumer based problem now.
    They check this stuff you know.

-Lawrence:)

6. plaestation thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I made sure to plug up those two external sensors so they're completely white. I was concerned about the internal ones.

And to answer a question raised, I installed the invisibleshield only on the back so I have no idea how it degrades the screen.