Iphone 4 weaker vibrate?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HarrySlone, Sep 30, 2010.

1. HarrySlone macrumors newbie

Hello yesterday I went ahead and upgraded to a new Iphone 4 from my old Iphone 3g.
    I just noticed that the vibrate is much weaker than it was on my old 3g.
    Is this just the intensity if the new Iphones vibrate function, or is the phone that I received defective and needs to be exchanged?
    Thanks for the help.

2. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

This is what I missed about BlackBerry (9700) how they let you customized the Vibrations (and Ring Tones).

I think my i4 is Normal but I ended up turning it off because I have days were I missed Calls when it's on Silent/Vibrate. The upside is it improves Battery Life.

3. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I felt that mine was weaker as well. There are cydia apps that modify the number of times your phone vibrates when you receive an sms or mail. It requires a jailbreak of course.

4. diamondschwin macrumors member

Two things the blackberry still does better, vibrate strength and the sheer volume of the speaker.

I don't mind not being able to customize vibration patterns but every iPhone I have had (3G,3GS,iPhone 4) have all had weak vibration compared to my old blackberry or event razr, my HTC phones were better too!

5. madKIR macrumors 6502

The iPhone 4 vibrates weaker than the 3G S does, that's true. I noticed that right away when started using my iPhone 4 after a year with my previous 3G S

6. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

I've taken both phones, both motors are similar in build, I think this has more to do with how solid th iPhone 4 is built

7. Trius macrumors 6502a

Trius

Agree. I have noticed that I can not feel the iP4 as well in my pocket as I did my 3gs. I think it has more to do with feeling a motor inside of a device that is made of glass and metal as apposed to plastic.

8. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

I've noticed this too.

I assumed it was the difference between naked (my old iPhone) and not (with bumper).

9. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

I actually think the vibrate is LOUDER and much stronger in the iP4 than any of the previous iPhones...In meetings I can HEAR my phone vibrate...with my other iPhones I was more likey to miss a vibrate notification