IPhone 4 Weird Problems? Am I The Only One?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dnitram, Jul 29, 2010.

1. dnitram macrumors newbie

Please don’t flame me, as I’m not a regular poster, but read the forum just about every day. I’m not new to IPhones, as I’ve had the 3G, the 3GS and have now had my 4S for a little over a week. Here’s what’s going on: First of all, I have always used my phone as an alarm clock and used the same custom tones on all IPhones, but with this new phone, when the alarm does go off, it only plays 2 or 3 bars of the tone, not the whole tone. If you don’t happen to already be awake, you’ll sleep right through the alarm! I can’t depend on it as an alarm clock any more.

Second problem is that when I’m on a call for more than 5 minutes or so and hold the phone up to look at the screen, it stays blank/black (it doesn’t wake up so to speak). The same thing happens if I get another call coming in while I’m on the first call… It stays blank and I can’t see who the caller is or hit the “Ignore” tab. Is this the proximity issue some are having?

Third problem is probably related to the first (above). I use custom ring tones (same ones I’ve used on my last 2 IPhones that worked great). When a caller that has a custom ring tone calls, the phone plays only the first 2 or 3 bars (or it plays part of the tone distorted) and it’s anybody’s guess as to who is calling. This can’t be normal!

I absolutely love the new I4 except for these problems/issues… NO problems with the death grip (phone stays in a case). I do seem to have more dropped calls, but don’t know if it’s AT&T related or the phone, but I can live with that. It’s just the things I listed above that have me concerned as to whether I got a dud and need to get another one, or turn it back in since I’m under 30 days and go back to my old 3GS. Any help as to whether anyone else has been having these issues and some sincere advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. DanggxAmanda macrumors regular

DanggxAmanda

I cant really answer the 1st bc idk what you're talking about.

2nd- I have proximity sensor issues but its not like that I just accidentally push buttons with my cheek. My phone doesn't have your problem, the screen turns on when it take it off my cheek/get another call. So yours isn't normal.

3rd- I have a custom ringtone on my iPhone right now and do not encounter your problem. It plays the whole song (30 secs) so yours isn't normal on that either.

I hope this helps!

3. dnitram thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply. I'm really considering turning this one in and reverting back to my old 3GS. My Apple Care "box" arrived while I was out of town and instead of taking it out of the shrink wrap, I'm keeping it in the box until I make a final decision as to what I want to do. I love the 4s, but have to have something I can rely on. Apple wouldn't confirm or deny that they would either give me a refurb or a new 4s. I've had the 4s less than a week and don't want to play the 30 day game... I don't have the time or patience.:(