iPhone 4 weird warranty issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jj460, Nov 9, 2010.

1. jj460 macrumors newbie

Nov 9, 2010
    Purchased my iphone 10 days ago from Orange(UK) but had to return it yesterday to my local apple store for replacement due to a loose button issue.

The replacement i received was the usual black box swap with serial number starting 7S038.

I went online and checked the warranty status and it says that i am entitled to technical support until 4th December (90 days) and a 1 year limited waranty until 4th September 2011. I found this to be strange for 2 reasons. Firstly i received the product and registered it yesterday so would assume it would be 90 days and a year respectively from yesterday. Secondly the serial number indicated that the device was manufactured in week 38 which i make to be the week commencing the 20th September and so how could the warranty have begun on the 4th of September for a device which wasn't in existence.

Thanks for any help in advance
  2. madKIR macrumors 6502

Feb 2, 2010
    Usually, when you replace an iPhone, it takes two business days for the system to update information. Check it later and if it's still a problem, call Apple tech support to sort it out.