iPhone 4 went Swimming

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iTak3n, Aug 4, 2010.

1. iTak3n macrumors newbie

Yes, The inevitable has already happened. My iPhone 4 decided it wanted to go swimming with me. Yes, after following all the "procedures" to try to save the phone, bag of rice etc, I've gotten nowhere. --Incl plugging the phone in after the drying period to see if iTunes recognizes it. Still nothing.. I do understand apple does OOW replacements for water damaged phones, but because they are so new, will the have the "refurb" type models in which the give you in stock? I don't mind dishing out the money as it is my own fault. But just wondering how to go about this. Any one have advice on what to do?

Thanks

2. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

Take it to an Apple store, accept that it will extend your contract and pay the $200 for a new one. There's nothing else to it. I seriously doubt they'll have any refurbs and you may well have to wait for a new one.

3. iTak3n thread starter macrumors newbie

When you say extend my contract, will it be adding an additional 2yrs on top of the 2 that are already there for purchasing the phone?

4. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

No, it restarts the two years from the moment you sign the pad accepting it, it doesn't add on another two.

5. iTak3n thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I figured I'd close this post with a good note.

After finally being able to get the time off, and create an appointment at the :apple: store, I have since received a new iPhone 4 free of charge.

Thank you to the Genius who was having a good day :).

6. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

DO NOT SPREAD MISINFORMATION!!! This doesn't extend your contract in any way. You give them your iPhone 4 and they give you a new one for $200. Do research!

7. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

WRONG!