iPhone 4 what to install after upgrading 4.3.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pectin232, Apr 18, 2011.

1. pectin232 macrumors 6502

is 4.3.2 out or just 4.31? is RedSnow the best used for Jb iPhone 4? What is the essential cydia installs needed? I do not need to save Base band or anything since I am ok with my current provider... too much trouble

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

4.3.1 is the latest for an untethered jailbreak (no need to be hooked up via USB to a computer to reboot). Redsn0w will work if you don't care about updating your baseband.

Essential Cydia apps/tweaks?
    SBSettings
    Springtomize ($)
    iFile
    My3G ($)
    TetherMe ($)

It really depends on what your needs are though. There are a few threads on the best apps/tweaks in the iPhone Hacks forum.

3. pectin232 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks.. yes I used to care but no longer... as long as it works is all I care. By the way I was messing with myWi p[newest version] but somehow it does not work at all and cannot teether to ipad2.. somehow with the iPhone 3GS I could teether to any ipad 1-3 [ipad 1 and 2]... at same time just to test. ideas why? could it be due to it being iPhone 4?

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I don't use MyWi and don't have an iPad. Sorry. I think that you need MyWi OnDemand for it to work with the iPad though.

5. sbddude macrumors 6502a

No you don't. You can tether from iphone4 to ipad using wifi, and not need the on demand. When you use on demand instead of bluetooth, it connects automatically.