iPhone 4 White Back Housing! Photos...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JasonHD, Sep 16, 2010.

1. JasonHD macrumors regular

Thought I'd show you all my white back housing I got off eBay from Hong Kong for £7... It looks awesome, like a white iPhone 4 but with a black front (which I prefer! It's really cool!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Sorry about the quality of the photos, taken with laptop webcam)

2. Roofy. macrumors 6502a

3. xraytech macrumors 68030

Sorry to break the news to you but that is not a real back. An OEM back has a metal ring around the lens apeture. But hey if it works for you, it works for you.

Also, try taking a flash photo with your iPhone now. I'm guessing that photo will be washed out by the flash.

4. JasonHD thread starter macrumors regular

1. i didnt say it was genuine. its plastic for a start.

2. i know about the flash.

3. this has a metal ring round the camera

you have insulted my intelligence. i was basically saying that in person it looks very nice.

5. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

why would you opt for a plastic back when the glass is so high quality?

6. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Looks cool. thinking about picking up one myself.

7. CBillups1 macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

8. JasonHD thread starter macrumors regular

If I'm honest, the white cover looks exactly like the geniune black one, but White, when side by side. When on it doesn't feel plasticy and it feels exactly like the black one did. Its just you can't take a photo with flash.

In person it doesn't look cheap or fake. Just looks like a white iPhone.

9. SL4VE macrumors 6502

ive got something similar to this with plastic sides and its a case.... yours is nice, i prefer mine as i can take off and look at the glass whenever :cool:

10. PirateP macrumors 6502

PirateP

To each their own, but I don't really think it looks too great.

11. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

I don't like white, but it does look nice!

Too bad a few here want to pee on your cornflakes!

12. jasonforisrael macrumors regular

Is this a joke?

The glass is not high quality - drop your iPhone from about a foot or two up onto a tile/concrete or even wooden floor and tell me how your back holds up.

13. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

OMG, glass can break??? You lie!!!

14. jasonforisrael macrumors regular

well when someone says "why would you go with plastic when the glass is so great?", i think it shows that they don't realize how breakable the back really is.

nice trolling attempt though.

15. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

Someone I follow on Twitter posted pictures of there iPhone 4 done white.

It was done by http://www.iresq.com/ apparently.

Looks pretty good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Amino Man macrumors 6502

I don't understand how someone can look at a low res photo online and say it "looks cheap".

When I look at it, it looks like a white iPhone back. How exactly does it look "cheap"? You can't even see it in person or feel it and you think it looks cheap? Give me a break you guys.

This guy is obviously happy with his order and if something happens to the back, he can always just slap the original one back on.

Give him a freakin' break. He was excited to show you his iPhone mod. Geeze.

17. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Well, for starters, some people don't want to have to shell out money for a new OEM glass back if they drop their phone (front is Gorilla Glass while the back is normal glass from what I understand). This cheap plastic back will never shatter and if it cracks then just buy a new one.

18. patent10021 macrumors 68030

patent10021

Photos look good, but no info is on that site regarding the mod. Is it your repair site and you're simply trying to promote it on MacRumors with false info?

19. Amino Man macrumors 6502

That site has been a known popular iPod repair site for several years. It's not spam and I've even used them a few times.

Apparently you didn't even look at the website because I found the info right here: http://www.iresq.com/iphone-repair/iphone-4/convert-your-black-iphone-4-to-white.html

20. BeSweeet macrumors 68000

BeSweeet

HA! The back piece of glass for the iPhone 4 is soooooo fragile. That thing scratches so damn easily.

Anyway, I'll be buying this part on eBay soon: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...03198&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2701wt_1139

I don't know if it's glass, nor do I care. As long as it looks white, I'll be happy. Plus, glass on the back of the iPhone 4 and plastic pretty much feel the same.

21. dontworry macrumors 6502

dontworry

I've dropped mine on concrete from three feet and one tiny little scratch is all that resulted. I would say the back is pretty dang strong, thats just my experience.

As for the backs, I hope they get cheaper and start showing up at the mall for ten bucks. Be cool to be able switch them out.

22. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

This is the part I dislike intensely. It's mismatched. If that's your thing, then more power to you. But to me, it just looks odd.

23. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

That wasn't TOO different that the white iPhone 3GS. Had a black front, silver bezel, white back.

As for that eBay link, I can spring for that... $17.99 shipped. Looks as close as those "genuine" ones selling for $75 and up.

This one is cheaper at $14.99, but the camera ring looks oversized.

EDIT: They seem to be cropping up quick! This one is $12.50 and looks like the first one.

24. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Hence why I disliked that one also >.<

25. micawoli macrumors member

hey could you tell me how that turns out. thats the best price by far. if its close at all ill scoop that up for sure.