iphone 4 white back.. is this full assembly?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gigapocket1, Jul 23, 2010.

1. zelaya macrumors 6502

Hi Xraytech, can you tell me if this back from Globaldirectparts is oem and if is the same one you bought from Iresq.com

I hesitated when Iresq.com had them in stock.

Please advised

2. sslanchi macrumors regular

sslanchi

There are now TONS of white iPhone 4 backs on eBay...

Theyre not the whole assembly though, are they? Is it possible to just change the glass? Would that require re-gluing?:confused:

3. Defixon macrumors newbie

Bump.

How hard is it to replace the back glass without purchasing the full assembly? Are you able to take the pieces off and reglue them or do you just have to buy the full assembly? Been searching all over for this answer and have not come up with anything.

4. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

I think unless you are skilled with a heat gun or have had any experience with similar types of work then you will mess it up and its not worth it.

If you mess your black part up then you will have to replace it if you want to get an exchange under warranty.

Its good anyway the full housing is getting cheaper. Wait a month ot two and the prices will drop even more :)

5. Battlefield Fan macrumors 65816

Battlefield Fan

it should be as easy as removing the two screws on the bottom to get the back off. if you don't believe me then google the ifix it tear down.