Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iPhone 4 white conversion guide????

Ian.C

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
Lancashire, UK
Hi

Just wondering if there is a guide online that I can print off, I'm planning on doing a full conversion Inc the white dock connector and the white headphone jack...

So as you can see it's a full teardown.

I really need I guide I can print off and I can tape the screw to the correct place they came from, just a little worried I put the wrong one in the wrong hole and damage the screen....

Thanks alot

Ian

Matt.H

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2009
Wiltshire
iFixit have a load of guides for iPhone 4, here. You can download them, and print them off.

These are what I am going to use when I get my conversion next week.

Comment

Danny2011

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2011
Hi

Just wondering if there is a guide online that I can print off, I'm planning on doing a full conversion Inc the white dock connector and the white headphone jack...

So as you can see it's a full teardown.

I really need I guide I can print off and I can tape the screw to the correct place they came from, just a little worried I put the wrong one in the wrong hole and damage the screen....

Thanks alot

Ian

Well there is only 5 screws that you need to worry about. 3 for the volume keys and two fornthe vibrator switch... And for the dock connector nits only 2 tiny screws but be careful when you take out your home button there is a tiny tab that you need to lift up. I got all this infonfrom iFixDirect on their live chat.

Comment

troy14

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2008
Las Vegas (Summerlin), NV
Well there is only 5 screws that you need to worry about. 3 for the volume keys and two fornthe vibrator switch... And for the dock connector nits only 2 tiny screws but be careful when you take out your home button there is a tiny tab that you need to lift up. I got all this infonfrom iFixDirect on their live chat.

While this company doesn't have a great reputation around here, this is part 1 (there's part 2 as well) for Zeetron's color swap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrZ2JbG0B14&feature=player_embedded#

The video IMO is very, very good and detailed. I prefer it to iFixit's greatly.

Comment

Ian.C

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
Lancashire, UK
thanks guys, for all the help.

im going to try it in the next few days, not sure i will like it and and up putting the original black front and back etc back on...

thanks alot

Ian

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.