iPhone 4 White conversion "No Service" issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Legion93, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

Hi, I've recently converted my black iPhone 4 to a White on completely, including White headphone/audio port, White dock port, LCD screen with digitiser and rear back panel. It was a bit dull of me to do so since the White iPhone was just announced yesterday but I have been having only one single problem prior to converting my phone. My iPhone says "No Service" at the top bar where the carrier information is. There is no signal so I cannot make/receive calls and text messages.

Everything seems to work including Wi-Fi but obviously I have no 3G connectivity since the iPhone does not recognise the carrier network. I'm currently on O2.

I've almost tried everything, including backing up and restoring, resetting to default settings, removing and inserting the micro sim card, and when settings, general, about, next to network it says "Not Available".

Is anyone else experiencing this issue, and how can I fix this? Any help would be great! Thanks.

Edit: Is it possible for me to take this into an Apple retail store or O2 store to get it looked at, but I would assume they won't even touch it because of the conversion.

2. keeno macrumors newbie

Apple store won't give you the time of day I'm afraid. If you've changed the hardware you're probably screwed! Lesson - buy expensive hardware and don't take it apart...

3. Aloha-boy macrumors newbie

Put back the original pieces and see if your service comes back. If it doesn't, take it back to Apple for warranty.

4. P.K. macrumors newbie

Hang on, you were having the problem BEFORE you began converting your iPhone? Yet still went ahead with it? :eek:
    Unless you meant since modifying it to white? Could be just a loose antenna cord or something you accidentally disconnected while fiddling around with the phone.
    Have you tried a replacement microsim (or another network SIM)?
    Disabled 3G to see if EDGE still works (may be just the UMTS radio acting up)?

Other than that, you might be able to get Apple to repair it for you as an out of warranty case. It will cost you though...

5. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Make sure the antenna cable is properly seated and connected. It the round black cable right under the battery connector. If it is not connected properly your phone will show No Service.

6. Givmeabrek, Apr 29, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2011

Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Apple won't repair a modified iPhone. Why didn't you get it repaired before you modified it? It was still under warranty! Strange story...... :confused:

EDIT: Ok it was fine and you broke it during the conversion. All you can do is convert it back and let Apple handle it.

7. Legion93 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Legion93

No, I did not have any issues before I replaced it, it occurred after I converted it to White. Anyway, I'll just put the original parts back and see if Apple will repair it. Will they notice that the iPhone has been altered with?

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

It is possible they will know, depending on what sort of damage you have done to it. But I like how you are going to try and get someone else to pay for your mistake.:rolleyes:

9. g12007 macrumors newbie

so what happen with your device?
    did you change it back to black and take it into apple and if so what did they end up doing ?:confused: