Iphone 4(White) July Date Guesses

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ectlu93, Jun 24, 2010.

1. ectlu93 macrumors member

ectlu93

So now that Apple has finally released a "minor" statement that the (now) coveted white iphone 4 won't be released until "the second half of July"(sorry Verizon hopefuls :p), lets have a little fun and put some input on what date in July this all goes down??

My guess would be July 14th only because that's my upgrade date.LOL :D

2. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

I 100% promise you it will be at the very earliest July 25th. But, since July 25 is a Sunday it will probably be sometime the week following (26th-30h). The reason is obvious. Thousands bought a black phone hoping the white would come out within the 30 day return period. Apple does not want thousands of slightly used black iPhones returned. Preorders may start around the 15th again but you won't be able to get anything early and odds are that there won't be any preorders.

3. ludawg23 macrumors 6502

With the way things are going...Mid-September

4. ectlu93 thread starter macrumors member

ectlu93

i was thinking the same thing as well about Apple not wanting many black iphones coming back....well i can wait a month lol

5. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

I will go out on a limb and say they will be available sometime during the week of the 19th. They will be available for order on Apple's website a few weeks before that and those of us who order online will probably get them as soon as the first ones are available from the factory. No silly launch dates to hold to, they'll just send them as they make them.

I'm already monitoring the Apple stores iPhone page to see when the white becomes available. Can't wait!

6. otis123 macrumors 6502a

I think its wrong how people abuse the return policy, they did it with the ipad, and now the iphone, it takes away units from the people who actually want black (like me)

7. lasuther macrumors 6502a

8. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

Preorder around the 15th

In-stores/release around the 26th.

Sucks for those who bought black but wanted white. Should have tried to abuse the system.