iPhone 4 wi-fi will not stay connected

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by maylcyok, Jan 27, 2012.

1. maylcyok macrumors newbie

I am having wi-fi issues with my iphone 4. It takes forever to connect to wi-fi and when it does but as soon as I switch to use the internet or check email from settings it switches back to 3g. The wi-fi signal is still strong on other devices and shows a strong signal under networks available on my phone. I treid resetting the network settings but this did not solve the problem. Any suggestions?
    This has happened at numerous places with free wi-fi that I have visited in the past 4 days. I only have the 200 mb plan from ATT so I try to use wi-fi whenever possible.

2. No5tromo macrumors regular

No5tromo

I just posted a similar thread so pardon me if this reply seems a bit spammy, but I'm having the exact same issue with my iPhone 3Gs and I had the exact same issue with iPhone 3G. The 3Gs in particular is brand new (yea it's still in production in case some of you are wondering).

What kind of router are you using?

3. Balovi macrumors newbie

iPhone will not stay connected to wifi

This is a very common problem with iPhones, the problem is caused by more than one router on your network giving out ip addresses, it is not an issue with laptops but the iPhone does not like it and will drop out after 30 seconds or so.

It is not an iPhone or iPad problem it is a network layout issue I know because it drove me nuts for months and I tryed everything.