Iphone 4 wifi problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Tad88, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Tad88, Feb 25, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2011

Tad88 macrumors newbie

I have iphone 4 with ios 4.2.1 and i have problem with its wifi signal reception as i noticed that when i connect my iphone to wireless router and just go away from router by about 5 feet and then grip iphone in landscape mode, wifi indicator icon in iphone show drop in signal strenght from 3 bars to 2 and even 1 bar and i realized cause of this drop as when i grip mobile in landscape position my hand cover iphone's wifi antenna which present at upper border of iphone 4 to the right near to lock button leading to decrease iphone wifi reception ability as when i remove my hand from this side of iphone, wifi indicator icon return to full 3 bars again and i tried to put bumber and also plastic cover around iphone but they did not make any difference and problem persist so i just want to know if this problem present in all iphone 4 devices or it is just present in my device as when i took device back to shop where i bought it from, seller there told me that this problem present in all iphone 4 devices and he showed me another device with same problem but actually till now i do not trust on what he said so what do you think about my problem and. Plz i want from iphone 4 owners here to just test their devices and tell me if they have same issue or not ??

Sorry for this long topic and thanx for any help

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

The WiFi on my phone works fine, but I assume that if I cover the antenna, the signal will drop accordingly. Why would you expect that covering the antenna wouldn't impede signal reception?

3. Tad88 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your answer and i expect that as i had iphone 3gs and many nokia mobilephones before and all of them had wifi but no one of them showed this problem whatever the way i grip them in landscape or portrait positions.

4. Tad88 thread starter macrumors newbie