iphone 4 wifi

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by porkflap, Jul 18, 2010.

1. porkflap macrumors newbie

Hi, I have had a good search and couldn't find much out....

i got my iphone 4 yesterday having previously use a 3GS,

the wifi doesnt seem as powerful on the iphone 4

has anybody else found this?, has a replacement fixed the issue? or is it just me?, i am on orange (uk) and have tried restoring and stuff such as that

Chris :)

2. Mikey86uk macrumors 6502

i dont think it is either :confused:

im having problems keeping my iPhone 4 connected to wifi, keeps losing connection and then when i search for it again, i have to keep entering the password GRRRRRR

any idea's guys?

(sorry to hijack ure topic, but saves making another one ;) )

3. jayducharme macrumors 68040

jayducharme

I'm sitting about twenty feet from my WiFi router and my iPhone indicator is displaying just 2 bars of signal strength. So yeah, something seems a bit wonky. However, yesterday I was sitting on my porch and had just 1 bar showing and yet was able to use my connection just fine. So maybe, as with GSM, the iPhone 4 is more sensitive at weaker signals. But if you're losing your connection repeatedly, I'd take the iPhone back and see if you can get an exchange.

4. Daj27 macrumors newbie

Daj27

Get a case for your phone my iPhone 4 won't pick up wifi in certains spots when I take off my case. It's ridiculously it really makes a big difference.

5. ellsworth macrumors 6502a

No problems with wifi but I have signal lost when I death-grip it.

6. porkflap thread starter macrumors newbie

I exchanged it at the apple store in Birmingham , uk for a new one which is perfect so it's all good

Chris

7. GtotheK macrumors member

i've been having the same problem. i compared my iphone 4 with 2 of my friends and they both picked up the same wifi signals, and i didn't pick up any...so i'm going to see if i can exchange my iphone 4 for a new one