iPhone 4 wiggly home button

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AndrewR23, Jun 24, 2010.

1. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Is anyone elses like this? what should i do? does not affect the button though.

2. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

Mines nice and snug.

3. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Mines not wiggly, but if I press it lightly, it will move down, then I could press it harder for it to work.

4. TexasBlake macrumors member

TexasBlake

5. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

I think they are all like that.

I would take them back and wait 6 months until they fix it.

6. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

just pressing it lightly and it wiggles a lot back and forth. but does not affect the button. just annoying.

7. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Mine is wiggly, I thought it was just the new design, however it doesn't seem to have any inhibiting factor to the performance of my unit. That being said I am struggling with some of the other little bugs. I am sitting home and always have Full Bars and solid 3G and 100% WiFi, however with the 4 my signal goes from full bars to none, WiFi is spotty, and overall it just does not make sense because my 3GS has perFect WiFi, and I always had Solid Full 3G in my house.

I was going to get a bumper but the NJ Apple store where I bought mine was sold out. This is a striking point to my i4 experience, I think the 3GS out of the box was much more solid however I will give it a day or so for the AT&T activity to calm down before making a decision to return it, as I do not see Apple replacing it right away due to short supply.

8. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

does the wiggly home button bother you? I just got a case which improved my cell reception...just give it a week. im sure apple wont have replacements for a while

9. walds11 macrumors 6502a

Same situtation, but mine wiggles only very slightly side to side. Not a lot like you describe. Doesn't really bother me. If it gets worse, it's going back for a replacement.

10. mattmansfield macrumors newbie

Mine wiggles slightly, but if it doesn't get worse it won't bother me.

11. Bubba! macrumors newbie

Another Button Issue

My home button is fine. However my sleep/wake button on the top right corner of my iPhone 4 is wiggly. I can move it side to side. It works fine, I just don't want it to fall out. Does anyone else have this problem? What is supporting the button?

12. MadSkillzPhan macrumors newbie

wiggly sleep/wake button

i got my shipped home on release day. home button was wiggly. make a noise like it was lose. slight click when move side to side. sleep button was fine. took it back saying i had issues with bluetooth thinking they wont exchange it because of a home button 'looseness". got a new phone. home button is snug and fit. no movement. but sleep button goes slightly side to side. making a faint metal to metal contact. i rather have a snub home button. oh well.

13. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

14. reaborg macrumors member

My girlfriends iPhone 4 seems to have no wiggle. Mine does. In fact, if I press the home button at the edge of the white square, it's a bit mushy. This is because there seems to be a mechanical double click instead of one single click that occurs in the center of the white square. This does not happen in any of the display model at the apple store nor on my g/f's phone.

I have already made one exchange b it seems the replacement also has the same issue. Will attempt another exchange again.

15. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

Mine sits real deep in the pocket. You can see the edge of the glass if you tilt it to the side. It wiggles a bit, up and down, but is working. I did however have one issue with it not responding. I thought I didn’t press it hard enough. I sure hope it’s not related.

16. walds11 macrumors 6502a

Mine is fine now. Guess it needed to settle or break in?

17. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Not normal.

Call Apple

18. Bubba! macrumors newbie

Sleep button

What about your sleep/wake buttons in the top right corner? Do they move side to side a little?
    Thanks.

19. walds11 macrumors 6502a

Mine is solid. My silent switch and volume buttons are solid as well.

20. alan92 macrumors newbie

My sleep/wake button moves from side to side to0.

21. blubyu macrumors member

+1

+1 ;)