iPhone 4 will not back up at all :/

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rhiannonthomas, Feb 16, 2011.

1. rhiannonthomas macrumors newbie

I'm trying to upgrade to the 4.2 update, but the iPhone will not back up "because the back-up was corrupt or not compatible with the iPhone."

I've :
    *Updated to the latest iTunes
    *Gone into Edit > Preferences > Devices > Device Backup > Delete Backup (I deleted an iPod backup. The Device backups is now empty
    *Reset Sync History.
    *Uninstalled / Reinstalled
    *Delete back ups manually

It still won't let me back up the phone, I have no idea what to do. Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. I've got the latest iTunes and the iPhone is on Version 4.0.2.

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

3. rhiannonthomas thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, that's what I meant. And sorry. I didn't realize it went up twice because the one froze for some reason.

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Did you uninstall per the instructions in the links that I posted?
    If you just use the add/remove in windows, or trash the app in Mac, to uninstall iTunes, that won't do it. There are other things that you also have to uninstall.

5. rhiannonthomas thread starter macrumors newbie

I uninstalled it using the instructions; I also unistalled everything in order.

I've backed up and updated the phone now, but now a different laptop, but it still won't backup on this laptop.