iPhone 4 will not charge

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by smallfry341, Jul 17, 2012.

1. smallfry341 macrumors newbie

Let me start by saying that I am not a novice at iPhone repair, but this problem perplexes me. I have an iPhone 4 for Verizon, it was dropped once but only cracked the screen (it still charged at this point). I replaced the screen and put it all back together very carefully, as always. Now it will not charge. I thought maybe the battery was damaged upon removal, wouldn't be the first time thanks to all that adhesive.So I changed the battery out with a new one, and still it would not charge. I thought maybe I damaged the docking port/ribbon cable when disassembling, so I replaced the whole assembly and retested with a known good battery. It still does not charge. The connections on the mother board look to be in good condition. It does not connect to iTunes so I can not try restoring it. When the phone is powered off and then plugged in it gets enough power to turn itself on but not charge. I am out of ideas. If there is anyone out there with words of wisdom concerning my dilemma I would be most grateful if you would share your opinions.

Sincerely,
    Me

2. smallfry341 thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone???

I could really use some help here guys. Someone out there must have some helpfulness to share with me.

3. smallfry341 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for nothing

I asked for nothing but help and not a single person tried. Thanks for nothing macrumors forum, I will take my questions elsewhere from now on.

4. sonovale macrumors member

Helllo.I think you should show your iphone to an expert technician in your local city.And think it would better for you .You can also keep your eye in youtube video for solving this.Thank you.;)

5. plshelpineedit macrumors newbie

if it helps I've got the same problem with a 3gs :p. The home button works so there must be good connection between the port and the flex but it wont charge or connect to pc/itunes. Though mine has water damage and yours physical but I guess there must be a chip/coil for the communication of the dock flex. I am(we are) waiting for an expert to tell us which part of the motherboard needs to be fixed.
    update: found these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vORXxxwT2pw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJPKuLy7XQQ&feature=related