iphone 4 will not get out of dfu mode

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by applemessiah, Jul 13, 2011.

1. applemessiah macrumors member

i have an iphone 4 that will not come out of dfu mode. I can jailbreak it with greenpoison and it goes all the way thru but in the end screen goes black and its in dfu mode again. Itunes wont restore it either. 3194 error. It is running 4.2.1 firmware. I have tried restoring with snowbreeze firmware and still nothing. is there a way to get it out of dfu mode?

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Hold the home and sleep buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears.

3. applemessiah thread starter macrumors member

i have tried that and have been unsuccessful. I can hear it thru the speakers on my pc that it kicks out of dfu but immediately goes back into dfu mode...

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Unplug it from your PC and do what I described in my last post. It is impossible for a phone to be in DFU mode when it's not connected to a computer.

5. applemessiah thread starter macrumors member

just tried it and phone wont power on. I hooked it up to pc and itunes says its in recovery mode...

6. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Try RecBoot or TinyUmbrella to exit recovery mode.

7. applemessiah thread starter macrumors member

i cant get recboot to work and tinyumbrella does not recognize the iphone at all..i guess i got a brick now

8. applemessiah thread starter macrumors member

I managed to restore it!...Used my brothers laptop that was at my house and it restored.

9. Stogie560, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011

Stogie560 macrumors newbie

this might help

Do you mind restoing you phone. Wont the comp recognize the phone. Call tou can unplug it the hold the home button down for like 5-10 secs then plug it in and see what that does,it will stick in recover then just connect to itunes and restore. let me know. Im having a proglemw my phone me mine ip Look in up

10. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I don't really understand what you're trying to say. Please clarify.

11. manismani macrumors newbie

Were you able to get the phone out of DFU?

I am facing the same issues, not able to restore through itunes getting 3194 and also not able to get out of DFU mode at all

12. manismani macrumors newbie

Were you able to get the phone out of DFU?

@applemessiah - Were you able to get it out of DFU mode ?