iphone 4 will not restore in itunes. Please help.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gonnaeatnoodles, Jan 5, 2011.

1. gonnaeatnoodles, Jan 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2011

gonnaeatnoodles macrumors newbie

gonnaeatnoodles

Let me start from the beginning:

Last week i downloaded redsn0w for Mac and jailbroke my iphone 4 (completely current on all updates as far as I know) I also have the most current IPWS file which Redsn0w took me to a page to download.

Everything has been working just fine, until a couple days ago when i added AdBlocker through Cydia. Now when I open safari on my device it just says on the top of the browser, "pirated copy of Adblocker". I've tried looking for it in Cydia to delete... can't find it. I've went in to the phone settings and disabled AdBlocker in every way I can and still it won't go away. (If I reboot the phone I will have to rejailbreak it. Which doesnt seem to delete anything either.)

Its really annoying, and even more annoying I emailed Repo about it, and what a waist of time that was... I cant find a pathway to find and delete AdBlocker from my phone.

So I figured I would just restore my phone through itunes back to Apple settings, (I am using a newer MacBook Pro and the lastest ver. of itunes)

Here's where it goes from annoying to down right infuriating.
    Even though I was able to restore it to normal settings from the jailbreak before (I have jailbroken my iphone a couple of times just to test the restore), its not letting me do it now and I keep getting this:

Cannot be restored. This device is not eligible for the requested build: If you receive this error, you likely do not have the latest version of iTunes installed. Check http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ for the latest available version of iTunes. If you do have the latest version of iTunes, this can occur when you attempt to restore using an older .ipsw file. Try restoring in a new user to ensure that iTunes downloads a new IPSW. Downgrading to a previous version is not supported.

Like I said, I have the most current ver. of itunes. I have the latest ipsw file as far as I know. I've reset my laptop, and I've even gone as far as creating a new Apple ID... I'm not trying to downgrade to a previous version, I just want to restore my iphone so I can re jailbreak it so i dont have to deal with the AdBlocker anymore. Everything else runs fine.

So what's going on here? Is there something I can do to fix this? Has Apple detected my phone "unlocked" and is now giving me the finger? Is there something wrong with the ipws file? Those would be the only things I can think of but I'm not sure how to fix it. I can't take it to Apple for tech support because of the unlocked state it is in. *SIGH*

I would really appreciate some help from someone if you can. Thank you :(

2. gonnaeatnoodles thread starter macrumors newbie

gonnaeatnoodles

buuuuuh

SO no one was able to come up with any answers here.... :rolleyes: but I fixed it by myself anyway so nevermind. Grats to me! Thanks, me! My problem is soooollved!!! :):apple:

3. artmill macrumors newbie

iphone 4 restore

Lucky You. How did you do it in the end??? Trying to restore ...I have the same problem...Either with sim problem or Itunes does not restore

thanx

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Besides tl;dr, you put this in the wrong forum. So, no wonder you got no replies.

Thanks for helping out the forums by offering your fix.:rolleyes:

5. gigapocket1 macrumors 65816

if you are using shift/restore or option restore on mac and choosing the file manually to restore from sounds like the problem. It sounds like you are trying to restore to an older version of the software.. (4.1) etc... just click the restore button.. and let it download the update.

6. Padraig Ryan macrumors newbie

Simple

Hold the home button while plugging the iPhone (while turned off) but it may work while it's on as well. Wait until the iPhone meets with iTunes and you're golden, even after a jailbreak gone bonkers.