iPhone 4 will not turn off, and instantly uses battery up

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by becauseoftacos, Dec 13, 2013.

1. becauseoftacos macrumors newbie

Hello everyone, my name is Fraser and it's a long story, but I got 3 iPhones for free. (2 iPhone 4's and a iPhone 3GS.)

I have a problem with one of the iPhone 4's, what it keeps doing is turning on to the apple logo and then immediately turning off. This then leaves me to turn it on. Only to leave me with the dead battery screen.

Fantastic.

I would also like to note, is while there are no visible markings on the outside, the screen seems to be a little bit strange, in which it has tiny pixel lines vertically.

Is there any way I could fix this?

Thanks!
    Fraser

2. sammy-boy macrumors regular

Does it charge at all? Could be a previous owner tried fixing a screen or the screen glass, and has either caused some damage/not reassembled properly, or fitted a cheap, inferior screen leading to the 'lined' look of the display.

Do the other two work OK, well done on snagging some free iPhones!

3. becauseoftacos thread starter macrumors newbie

I have managed to get it into recovery mode, and planned to update it, but I get various errors, such as 3914 or others.

If I go out of recovery mode (by using RecBoot) it goes back to the charging screen. And I have to somehow get it back into the recovery screen.

I have to have it plugged into the computer AT ALL TIMES, because if I don't, well, it just turns off.

Anyway, thanks for replying!

-Fraser

(P.S: The place is mostly android, and the guy hates them. I was more than happy to take them off his hands :D)

4. becauseoftacos thread starter macrumors newbie

UPDATE:

The iphone comes up in itunes, but I still need to figure out a way for it to get the firmware, I get a 3004 error every time I try to update.

-Fraser