iPhone 4 with a little water damage??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sunshinerachael, Sep 2, 2012.

  1. sunshinerachael macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2012
    #1
    Hello!

    I spilt a glass of juice on my sofa last night and a bit went on my phone.

    All was working ok but this morning, and I gave it a full charge (which worked). But later on I realised I couldn't hear text messages, so my DH looked online and resolved this, not quite sure what he did but he said he dried out the slot where the power cable goes a bit.

    Anyway, this evening I ran out of battery life completely and it won't charge up at all. The battery charging sign comes on when I hold the off button for a few seconds but the red battery bit flashes and then turns off.

    I'm not sure if this is water damage, or something that my DH may have done when he was drying it.

    Any ideas of what to do? Would a new battery help?

    Thanks so much in advance - I'm a little depressed right now! :(

    Rachael xx
     
  2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

    Applejuiced

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2008
    Location:
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    #2
    Sorry Rachel, but theres no such thing as a little water damage.
    If its still giving you probs you can get a replacement at Apple for $149.
     

Share This Page